The Ruddy Lodge
Just inside the entrance gate to the property is the Ruddy Lodge. From this spectacular setting, small groups that prefer a high level of privacy can enjoy the incredible adventure of Redfish Lodge.
Housed in a 3600 sq. ft. Vermont timber frame structure & featuring four bedrooms, vaulted living room, pool table and a private 500" lighted fishing pier, The Ruddy Lodge is available only as an exclusive booking for groups of up to eight guests. It is the perfect setting to relax and enjoy the best sunsets the state has to offer. Our enthusiastic staff, including your own chef and staff are on hand to ensure you enjoy a first-class experience, both on and off the water.
The fun furnishings combine the old and the new to compliment the beautiful structure. The furnishing theme comes from the owners' family background. Many of the 1930s artifacts come from Conklin & Garrett Shows.
The Ruddy was designed to operate independently from the Main Lodge. It has its own dedicated operating personnel, chef, hosts and service staff. You can best describe the difference between the two lodges by drawing the analogy between hotel executive floors and their other accommodations. However, the Ruddy Lodge offers all the same fishing experiences as the Main Lodge.
The Ruddy Lodge, like the main lodge, offers packaged excursions - a guided fishing package and a holiday package. Both include 2 nights accommodations, all meals, fishing tackle, catch care, beverages, and transportation to and from Corpus Christi International Airport for flights scheduled between 3 PM and 6 PM. We can create custom packages and longer stays can be arranged. The only difference between the two packages is that one offers guided fishing and the other does not.
All packages at the Ruddy include:
- Spacious timber frame great room with lounge, bar, dinning area and fireplace.
Snacks, chips, cookies, fruit, out at all times.
- The great room entertainment center is fully equipped with surround sound, TV and video library.
- The upstairs lounge is prepared for your enjoyment with billiards table and games area.
- Before dinner appetizers and cocktail hour.
- Fully packed fridge for midnight snacking.
- Huge deck to relax with a libation.
- Special lighting on the bay for night angling.
- 500 ft lighted fishing pier with special fishing lights.
- Extensive private shoreline.
The package price includes everything except Texas fishing and hunting licenses, our “cellar” wines (house wine is complimentary), gifts to take home from our gift shop, and staff gratuities.