Mary Helen’s Coffee Meat Rub
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee beans
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon McCormick’s season meat tenderizer
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Preheat the oven broiler. Place the ground coffee on a sheet of aluminum foil, and place about 6 inches from heat source. Broil for about 45 seconds, shaking the foil about every 10 seconds or whenever you see smoke.
- In a small bowl, stir together the coffee, black pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, cumin, and meat tenderizer. Rub into steaks, or pound in with meat mallet. Grill as desired.